Wednesday 16 July 2008

Searching...

Again I have found it difficult to find musical acts that make any impression on me but I kept on going until I found some bands that were worth my time and worth your time. After filing through a lot of crap I want to thank these bands and all the others I have reviewed so far for keeping my faith in music strong. Also I'm searching as it were for someone to help me with this, an additional writer so if interested then contact me.

The first I have found that is very talented is boxViolet from LA (yes its LA again...) who to me sounds like a modern mix of Eurythmics and Blondie rolled into one. As soon as I heard the first beat from "Sad Sad Girl", I knew that I would be hooked into listening to every song boxViolet had to offer and then listening to them again just to hear the musical genius they hold. If anyone deserves worldwide fame then boxViolet are that band. I dare you to tell me these guys aren't talented because you'd be wasting your breath.



BTB Favourite Song: Sad Sad Girl


The next band I have for you is called Attention Now! from Stavanger Norway. Now this is of the best indie electro rock I have heard in a long time. The blend the sounds they have really well topped with two talented vocalists and some great musicians and you have a recipe for perfection. Attention Now! are that perfection you seek in everything else and more. I cannot find a single fault with this band...well one. I'm not going to be able to see them live for a long long time!



BTB Favourite Song: Sarcasm Shooter

And the final band I have for you today is called Noise Republic and are from Nottingham, England. This pop punk twosome know how to write some good tunes and lyrics. These guys are working on their album and if listening to the songs they have on their MySpace and Facebook page doesn't make you wait in anticipation for that release then nothing will. The music that Noise Republic create can be listened to in any situation and in a way gives the songs something of a keeper status by which I mean that their songs will not be forgotten 5,10 or even 20 years from now. Get listening!



BTB Favourite Song: Gambit



Download: Gambit from Noise Reoublic's MySpace

Contact:
brokentoybox@hotmail.com
or Facebook
or www.myspace.com/brokentoyboxmusic

No comments: