Thursday 10 July 2008

Music. Lalalalala!

So I haven't posted in a couple of days. Sorry been a bit busy with stuff at home meaning I haven't had much time to update this thing. It may be like that for the foreseeable future due to work commitments among other things. As I write this the 3rd Podcast is being uploaded but as usual is taking its time. I've spent hours going over it to make sure the sound is much better.

Right for the first band we have is called First City Fallen, a band from Edmonton, Canada. This fantastic fivesome to me are like a Canadian Feeder with a pinch of Rise Against. They're also generous as they let you download their whole EP for free from their MySpace. Now they haven't brought anything new to the music genre but they are one of the bands that have taken what has come before them, refined it so it fits and made it sound better. Just listening to them they sound epic and I feel they will gain a massive fanbase globally. Give it a year or two and everyone will be talking about First City Fallen.













BTB Favourite Song: Chemicals

The second band is called Second Sense and are from London. This indie pop group are brilliant, unique out of the mass that makes up the indie band population. The vocalists voice ( I would tell you her name but I don't know it) is great and has the influences of Arethra Franklin and some Dido. A great combination which leads a very talented band who draw influence from all genres giving such a distinctive edge to Second Sense. When I make my return to London, Second Sense are definitely at the top of my list of bands to see and I suggest you see them too.













Favourite Song: Tonight Tonight

And the third band is called Third Conduct, an all girl pop punk group. This tremendous threesome are from York, UK and have supported the likes of The Wombats and have 3 years of gigging experience. There's always been a lot of sneers when all girl punk groups break into music and unfortunately there will always been those who will sneer at such things. However Third Conduct are that band ,in in my opinion, to make a vast majority of people dump these stereotypes. Their songs are really great to listen to and sound like they are influenced from Green Day to Muse. I can see these ladies breaking new boundaries in the music industry and taking the next step to fame.
















Favourite Song: Withdrawal


Also a new feature I'm adding. Download of the Day:

The song that I think is really good is a song called My Drive Thru by Pharrell, Santogold and Julian Casablancas. Some of you may have seen the advert for converse that this has been played in. Its an excellent song and you should download it:

My Drive Thru - Download

Remember to contact me:
brokentoybox@hotmail.com
myspace.com/brokentoyboxmusic
or comment this blog!

1 comment:

Matthew B said...

Hate to say it, dude, but FCF dissolved a few months ago. Saddest band break-up I ever witnessed. Props for the article, though.