Thursday 3 July 2008

The 2nd Podcast and Some More Music

Yes the 2nd podcast is up however there are still some sound problems. I thought the tests I conducted before had sorted that out but obviously not. Anyway check it out at:

http://brokentoybox.diinoweb.com/files/


Not my preferred website but the file was massive. Anyway some more music you for you music loving lot.

The first band are making some big waves this year but the majority of people have not heard of them. This band is called Splinter X and they are from Berlin, Germany. To me they are a bit like Radiohead, the In Rainbows era, and have seemingly mastered the electro/rock partnership. They've won the Canadian Bodong Battle and have currently released one album entitled "The Sound of Revelation" which I would buy if I wasn't currently financial unable. They have a great sound and they are playing in L.A. in the near future. I'm predicting they go down very well there and then take on the world. Check them out.


BTB Favourite Song: "I Am"












The second band is from Atalanta, Georgia, USA and are called Legend Has It. They are an exciting band who are influenced by the likes of Blink 182, Metallica and Weezer. They are a solid band who I think have the ability to go far if they keep at making music. They can play slow ballad like tunes such as 'Work In Progress' and the faster tunes like 'Given The Chance'. If I were to tip a band that would replace the likes of Blink 182 and Sum 41 then Legend Has It is that band. Good luck boys.



BTB Favourite Song: Given The Chance





And for the final band we find ourselves back in London and the band in question? They are called Count Fisher. The tunes they play are very uplifting while the lyrics in some cases could be considered depressing. That doesn't stop me from tapping my feet while listening to Count Fisher and writing this. There's just something different about them from all the over bands currently out there. Sure all the big alternative bands are great to listen to but they all sound the same. Count Fisher are the thing that the British music scene has been missing and its about time these gentlemen got the exposure they undoubtedly deserve.

BTB Favourite Song: Where are you now?

Remember check out the bands, send me feedback, add them as friends, go to their gigs if possible. I'm off.

1 comment:

GreatOdin'sRaven said...

BTB,

Thanks for the review and we are thrilled that you like the music. Keep it touch.

-Legend Has It