Tuesday 15 July 2008

The Music Notebook.

So I got a notebook yesterday to keep track of all the bands I have wrote about and was astonished to find I had written about 68 bands so far. I didn't know it had been that many already! Good times I feel and all quality bands I feel and I'm sure you all agree. Anyway I've noticed that people getting in touch with me, you guys, has dwindled so I say change that and send me a message at brokentoybox@hotmail.com, join the Facebook group and tell your friends. It'd be nice to know who is actually reading this.

Right the first band I have for you is called Broken Mile who are from the UK and have a great sound about them. They really stand out from the current crop of music mixing rock and the blues in a brilliant and exciting way. Music has not been changed like this since the likes of Nirvana and Pearl Jam pioneered Prog. Rock. Broken Mile have such a great sound to them that's its impossible not to like this lot. I tip them to be one of the breakthrough bands of 2009 if not this year.



BTB Favourite Song: A Toast To Sympathy.


The second band I bring you is called Wheels On Fire who are from Athens, Ohio. Their rhythms they make echo from the past especially the 50's and early 60's which make them sound like a happy go lucky bunch of talented musicians. Every song makes you want to just jump up and dance and sing along with the band. Honestly this band makes me think that we should all be wearing leather jackets and hanging out in diners while the Fonz is standing in the back nodding his head along to the beat. If you don't like the songs and the image this band seem to portray then I feel sorry for you. Hooray for Wheels On Fire.



BTB Favourite Song: Too Stubborn To Fold


And the final I bring to you today is called Noterock who hail from Pasadena, California. who mix hip hop with indie rock to provide a great mix of tunes for your listening pleasure. They seem to take their influence from the very best of both the rock and R'n'B greats which means music that appeals to a wide range of people. I say give them a listen and let the music they make soak into your brain. You'll have their songs stuck in your head and even then you'll want more.




BTB Favourite Song: Rebound


Download of the day: I have to say download the songs from Broken Mile's MySpace. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: