Monday 7 July 2008

A New Music Week

So we begin this week on a...well I don't know, that's for you to decide. However one thing tells me you're here, you're reading this and so you're expecting new music. Well... I don't have any...That's a lie! Of course I have new music, what would I be if I didn't? Well I'd still be me just without this I'm hoping blog and the podcast which I'm hoping will be 3rd time lucky with the sound. Onto the Music!

The first band is a duo from the Bay Area of California and they go by the name of Posterboy. This is great acoustic poppy punk from two talented individuals who I can see going far. Now a lot of bands kind of build up a generation gap however Posterboy are breaking down the barriers and are a band that everyone can enjoy regardless of anything. Could they be the new sound to the indie summer which has been a bit lacking? You better believe it.













BTB Favourite Song: Cold Stone

The next band are called Tentonic and are from Atalanta, Georgia. While listening to them I'm getting the impression they have been influenced by a lot of Brit bands including The Stone Roses and Oasis. Just listen to the track Blueprint and compare it to Wonderwall by Oasis. This by no way means Tentonic aren't a great band because they are and to see they are taking influence from such great bands only means that they themselves are aiming from greatness. It'a almost like Tentonic are an American made British band who should be playing the larger festivals over here such as Glastonbury (take note Eavis') because they would go down really well. Already making waves in the US I cannot wait for the day until Tentonic play their first major show here in the UK. It'll be one to remember.


BTB Favourite Song: Blueprint




And the final band for today is called Trashed on Fiction who are from New York. This is a smooth indie band who have a defining sound about them. You'll be hard pressed to find another band that sound like Trashed on Fiction. They flit between Acoustic melodies to pure rock songs with a bit of the roots music thrown in for good measure. A band you should check out live in my opinion if you are in the New York area. I'm sure they put on one hell of a show. Expect them to be getting bigger and drawing a huge fanbase and hopefully touring.



BTB Favourite Song: Igby and His Crockets











So ends another post. Remember contact me with suggestions or if you just want to talk:

Comment this blog
E - Mail: brokentoybox@hotmail.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/brokentoyboxmusic

No comments: