Monday 16 June 2008

Post Two of the Day: The Gantage Order Interview

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for the first ever Broken Toy Box interview to be published. A little bit of background before we begin. We live in a time where there aren't many comedy bands making it big apart from Tenacious D and when The Mighty Boosh start their band another one will grace our lives. However this isn't about the big bands we all know and love, it's about the small bands who do what they love. Also this interview was not the conventional sit down interview. Replace a room with a walk through a town centre at midnight when members of the following band are a bit drunk. Much more entertaining this way. I introduce to you The Gantage Order.

Members: Chris Page and Jack Gant
Genre: Comedy

So why The Gantage Order?

Jack: Well its quite simple really. Gantage is a mix of my name and Chris' name and Order came from Will Forder who is no longer in the band. It could've been The Orderage Gant, The Order Gantage, The Gorder Age. The Gantage Order made the most sense.

What inspired you?

Jack: Well my cousin bought a guitar and so then I bought a guitar and started playing it. Then other people bought guitars, except Page who already had a guitar. Then we made songs about the people we know.

Chris: Also trees and clouds inspire me!

Jack: Yeah, trees and clouds too.

At this point in time Chris starts walking along a grassy embankment, wasted, and then goes into a car park. Jack and I follow, where Jack and Chris then hug and spin in circles. This leads to Chris flying into me and near death as we nearly fall down a hill...On with the interview!

So tell me about your first gig.

Jack: Well our first gig was in my back garden. I think my neighbours enjoyed it.
Chris: I'm pretty.

Do you have an album in the works?
Jack: We already have an album out! We're currently working on the second one which will be called Friends of The Gantage Order. It'll be a well good album with even more great songs. That's not a surprise though because I'm writing them.

Chris: Lalala

Jack (as we're passing a little grassy area): Do you remember when I fell over that little hill with a kebab which went everywhere?

Me: Yes mate. And Chris ran off down that road all the way to his house.

Chris: Actually it was that road (points).

So does the Gantage Order have a tour in the works?

Jack: Well if by tour you mean between my house and Chris' house then yes we're touring! It'll be fun.

At this point we reach my house where I must depart ways with The Gantage Order.

Jack: Are you actually going to remember this tomorrow and publish it?
Chris: You better remember.

As you can see boys, I did remember.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gantage Order are an amazing band!

Chris said...

These blokes sound like legends.

Anonymous said...

aran son, i reckon you need a different section for interviews and stuff

maybe have like a: Top 10 Bands of the Week aswell

i like helping

xxxxxxx