Wednesday 18 June 2008

More music for you hungry lot!

I mention hungry in the title because I'm hungry...I wish I had food. Anyway, unless you're going to offer me food, you are actually here to read about and listen to the music I have found and that I like. Also an alert just came up to say Carl Barat of Dirty Pretty Things has acute pancreatis. I wish him well. Also all you lot in LA and the surrounding areas, Crossed Keys have a tour bus event, $25 to join them. It will be a wise investment. Also to mention Carmen's debut album is out this Monday. Get a copy!

Right then lets start with today's batch of music. The first band is from Towson, Maryland, USA and go by the name of Fire In The Hole. They are a good rock band not quite like any other and yet they are if you know what I mean. Once you think you have this lot pinned down they do a bit of a reversal and change. Just compare two of their songs "The Human Race Erased" and "Woah Yeah Dance Tryna". This band are currently in the studio recording, I can only hope it's an album because that would be a wise investment if there was one. These guys know how to make music and I advise any bands starting up now to have a listen. Even without any singles released, Fire In The Hole are already raising the bar.

BTB's Favourite Song: Woah Yeah Dance Tryna

And now onto Leigh, England and a band simply known as PARK. They are an Indie Rock band, Another One?! I hear you cry, but fear not because they sound different. I could call a mix here between Arctic Monkeys, The Who and Muse especially on the track "Communication Breakdown". The actually rhythm and tune sounds like something that Muse would put together, the lyrics by the Arctic Monkeys and just the pure stadium epicness like The Who. So yeah a great mix and great talent from this band of five. Give them a listen and champion this band. They should already be getting awards.

BTB's Favourite Song: Communication Breakdown.

Listen, give me feedback and suggestions. Who knows? Maybe you'll be reviewed next...

No comments: