Monday 2 June 2008

New Week, New Music.

So a whole weekend without any updates. I think it was worth is it for my Uni's Summer Ball hosted by the likes of Alex Zane and th E4 voice over guy along with B*Witched (seriously not bad), Mutya Buena and The Automatic. I don't care what people say about The Automatic, they are amazing live. Oh and the staying up until 5am drinking away. Anyway lets jump into the music that I'm listening to currently.

The first band were suggested to me by the guys and girls of Battery Acid. The name of this band is Finely Tuned Assassins, who are really good. Finely Tuned Assassins hail from Southampton and are a hardcore/screamo band. The five members are Danger , Dan, Fred, Nick and Statch. In my opinion they sound a bit like a mix of 30 Seconds to Mars and Disturbed. A good mix I feel though it must be noted that these guys are bringing their own sound out which is hard to do in a world full of tough competition. Listen to them, tell your friends and and follow them because they will be big. Favourite Song for me by Finely Tuned Assassins is "This is a Siren."

Now we go over to Los Angeles and a band known as Underwater City People. They are punk redefined, which is something that has been needed for a long time. The band members are Celeste Kim (bass and vocals), Jon Rustad (Guitar and Vocals) and Jon Rygiewicz. These guys writes songs about the current problems in the US and create a social commentary through their music. Excellent lyrical work which not only can be sung along to but also make you think about the subject they cover, not an easy thing to do for a band and they pull it off spectacularly. My favourite song by Underwater City People is Hypnotized. Give them a listen.

Remember send me your feedback here.

No comments: