Wednesday 25 June 2008

A Medley of More Music.

Today feels really summery in my opinion, so today I'm going to give you some bands that are easy listening, bands that you can just enjoy while lounging about in the sun maybe with some kind of beverage. The biggest news this week is that Glasto kicks off this weekend. If you have a ticket you can go down to to the campsite from today so go for it. Get in the festival mood early. As for me I'll be stuck watching it on TV. Maybe I'll put a tent up in the garden...Anyway enough of this rambling. On to the music!

The first band was found by Mr Jack Gant of The Gantage Order so all thanks go to him for this mention. The band go by the name of Oh Mr Stereo, who are from Leeds. Oh Mr Stereo are a 4 piece and the band members are:

Mr Ste - Lead Vocals/Guitar
Mykey Stereo- Bass/Vocals
Disco Dave- Guitar/Vocals
Chris D - Drums/ Vocals

To me they sound a bit like The Fray and bands in that genre. I can see them becoming a favourite band for people from all backgrounds, their sound is that appealing and so give them a listen, you really won't regret it and tey will put you in a nice calm mood. Oh Mr Stereo currently have an EP out so go and buy it. Only £3 for 7 songs. Great deal there.

BTB Favourite Song: Eye to Eye

For our next we travel over to Los Angeles, again. Seriously I know talent thrives in LA but the number of times I end up mentioning it...it's madness. This singer is simply known as Juliana and has talent both with her singing and her production skills. Everything you hear she has produced herself. Now this fits in with the summer theme because I can see her songs being played in the evening when people get up and dance after chilling all day. Her songs would also not be out of place in any nightclub, she has that great range. I can't predict the future but I see Juliana being in the charts soon enough and being played on the radio worldwide.

BTB Favourite Song: Rock By Numbers

And for our final act, its Badges from Bournemouth. Why do I choose them in this summer themed post. In my opinion this band is a festival band, band that should be going places. The band is made up of 3 guys, Adam, Nick and Chris. You can tell these guys have been influenced by some of the biggest bands around and they take that influence and create their own brand. Acoustic indie rock at its pure finest.


BTB Favourite Song: Careless

So concludes another BTB post. Remember keep reading and listening and send me the feedback either at:

MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/brokentoyboxmusic

or

E-mail: brokentoybox@hotmail.com

No comments: