Monday 23 June 2008

The Difficulties.....

Maybe I've hit a rut, maybe it's music in general but recently its been harder to find bands that make me sit up and listen. I've noticed a lot of the same old stuff out there. This blog is to find the new bands that are the cream of the crop and so far that journey's been great. Today it nearly took me 2 hours to find the first band that stood out to me. Maybe I'm becoming a cynical bastard...Anyway today's two bands have been found and I know you'll like them. Also I would just like to make a correction. Total Movement have informed me that Joe Dickinson is taking over the duties of guitar player.

The first band are from Pennsylvania, USA and they go by the name of Something Wicked. This twosome are kept busy with bringing their music together. Scott Nichols is vocalist, guitarist, keyboardist and bassist while Peter Vanderheyden the drummer jumps onto other instruments when need be. Two guys who sound like they are a 5 piece. Brilliant. Their music forte is rock, both slow songs and quick dance til you drop songs. In my humble opinion I can't help but think these guys could be a mix of Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana but doing it in their individual way. With so much talent I'm also surprised they haven't been snapped up by a record label. Like the other bands I have mentioned I champion these guys to go far.

BTB Favourite Song: Let's Play Hangman

Next we have Book Club also from Pennysylvania and also a two piece. These guys have a more poppy sound which I think its great. Their sound is really uplifting especially on a sunny day like today. Making up Book Club are Craig Almquist and Joe Giuffirda who have really hit the spot when it comes to good music. A good old pop sound with a twist of folk. Their lyrics also have some meaning and are really easy to sing along. If they continue what they are doing then I can't help but see these guys becoming big. If you are near Lancaster, Pennysylvania on the 18th July check them out at The Chameleon. You won't regret it.

BTB Favourite Song: Anything

So another end to the blog. Just a little note. You can now speak to me live via MSN. Just add brokentoybox@hotmail.com to your contacts and we can talk about anything from music to why flys repeatedly fly into windows. All good stuff.

No comments: