Tuesday 17 June 2008

And on we go

I hope you enjoyed yesterday's double update. Of course you did. Before we begin you may have heard a small indie band, Creaky Boards, claimed that Coldplay copied their melody for Viva La Vida. Well after listening to both tracks I can say although there are similarities Coldplay have done the better job, not to say Creaky Boards haven't done a good job. However getting publicity this way isn't a great way to build your reputation...

Anyway enough of that little life lesson and on with music. We start in New Jersey, USA, with a band called Agency. Now Agency have had one album out already which was released in 2006, however I haven't heard it yet. What I have heard is a handful of songs from their MySpace page which are good songs. Agency have a good range and can do both slow ballads, take for example their song "Dissolve to faster headbanging tunes, like their song "In The Static." I can't pigeon hole these guys. They have all the right ingredients that make a good band. So order their album, like I will be, give it a listen and keep an eye Agency.

BTB Recommended Song: In The Static

Now to The Windy City, Chicago and a band known as Searching 4 Charlie. They are an Indie Rock band and in my opinion sound a bit like Jimmy Eat World. These guys are a great band and have a lot of musical talent between the four of them. I'm quite surprised these guys haven't been signed by a major record label but I don't think they'll have to wait too long for that to happen. These guys have an EP you can order as well as loads of other merchandise if you so wish. Check them out.

BTB Recommended Song: EXP

So brings about the end of another day of music. Enjoy!

No comments: