Monday 9 June 2008

Full Service Resumes

Well I'm back after an emotionally and physically draining week which didn't leave me a lot of time to find music, however Summer is now officially here which gives me all the time in the world to do what I want, one of those things being finding new music. First of all the members of Battery Acid have decided to change their band name to For The Moment so as of now Battery Acid no longer exists.

The first artist I have found this week is Ocean Reid from London a musician who concentrates on the acoustic side of things. If you're looking for a sound that will keep you relaxed and chilled throughout the summer then look no further as Ocean Reid provides in the very best of music you could ever hope for. My personal favourite is "Words Like Cold Water" which I believe brings out the best of Ocean Reid's talents, though his other songs are all close seconds. Ocean Reid doesn't just have great tunes but strong, meaningful lyrics and you will find yourself singing along.

Now we move to Brazil and more importantly Rio de Janeiro, one of the new homes of great music and a band, a band known as Private Dancers, a pop rock combo. The band is a five piece with Fake on vocals who can switch her style in an instant, a rare talent, then there's Johnny on guitar, Deanna on Keyboards, Carol on Bass and Gabriel on Drums. My favourite song is Empty Room but they're all good. We've had one good band come out of Brazil in the form of CSS, now it is the time of Private Dancers to follow and be embraced by the music world.

No comments: