Thursday 15 May 2008

The Quest begins

Broken Toy Box Music is on a quest. A quest to find the raw materials that make up music and those who mould these materials into a refreshing sound. BTB Music does not concentrate on just one genre, but goes through all of them separating the good music from the bad so you don't have to. The quest begins today and it will be a long and laborious journey that will see a broadening of the each individuals music mind.

The first good thing I find on my quest is from the genre of Jazz. I'm not usually a Jazz person but that was before I heard the sounds of Abstract Ensemble. This Jazz ensemble is from Los Angeles and take their inspiration from the likes of John Coltrane and Miles Davis. Listening to their music just makes me want to sit out in the sun ( I would be if it wasn't for the rain) with my closest friends and a bottle of wine. That is how chilled out and relaxed their music makes you feel and appeals to Jazz and non Jazz fans alike. Give them a listen and it seems your problems just melt away.

Now we move away from the chilled out sounds of Jazz to the more gritty sound of rock. The music of Wooden Boy makes you feel like you should be in a dark basement head banging like there is no tomorrow. Based in Telford, England, these 3 rockers have a dedicated fan base and if that fan base doesn't continue to grow I will be very surprised. They play with the raw materials of music, like a child plays with toys.

That is the end of the first day of the quest and if I can keep finding musical talent like those of Wooden Boy and Abstract Ensemble then it looks for a very bright future.

No comments: