Monday 26 May 2008

Bank Holiday Update.

Yes today is a bank holiday, but I'm not taking the day off. I like this work to much to give it up. It's the 7th post already and this project as allowed me to find so great musical talent. JUst a quick update on some of the previous acts mentioned. Battery Acid are working on a new song with Ben from Furisode so keep an eye on that. Wooden Boy are showcasing this Saturday at the Dome in London so get down there if you can. On to today as I bring you another 2 acts for your listening pleasure. So let's start this Bank Holiday with a bang.

We start with a band know as Sound The Attack who are loud which already puts them in my good books. I'm going to class these guys as a Metal/Prog band. Their sound is very definitive and they have already gained exposure on MTV2. Deservedly so too because JoJo, the lead singer as a great voice backed by another great voice from Gilby. Rob who is on lead guitar is an exciting guitarist to listen to and Dan, who is on Bass knows how to put together a good bass line. Alex on drums then brings in the beats to round off an impressive music group who have a lot of talent. My favourite track is Behind Closed Doors, though their other tracks are all close seconds. I hope Sound The Attack have an album coming out soon because it will be a definite must buy.

Now we move to rap/r&b and the music stylings of Straptown ENT who are a good listen. Personally, I think they're better than the likes of 50 Cent, but that may not mean much because I'm not a big 50 Cent fan, that would be my younger brother. Straptown ENT have a nice mix about them, from the future floor fillers like "Hell Yeah" to the slower songs like "Slow Things Down". Keep listening to these guys and maybe they'll be on the radio in the near future.

No comments: