Friday 16 May 2008

Day 2

First of all I hope you enjoy the sounds of Abstract Ensemble and Wooden Boy. I would just like to extend my apology to Wooden Boy for not being able to make their show in London but whoever reads this should go along for a fun night. They are playing the Dome in London on the 31st of May. As I've promised before, this blog is all about bringing new music to the forefront and so today we once again jump across the Atlantic to a band called Who Is Chuy Vega?

Who Is Chuy Vega? are a mystery. Not much information is given about the identity of the band members, but that doesn't stop them pushing the boundaries and, dare I say it, do something different. Their music is a mix of indie and electro acoustic which blends really well with the voice of the vocalist, with her sweet harmony, bringing it all together. My favourite of the 2 tracks available on their myspace is Believe. Give it a listen and give this band credit that they deserve.

Now we move onto Table Fruit who describe their music as Other/Other/Other on their Myspace Page. I am not one to disagree. Just when you think you have Table Fruit figured out, they change again making it hard to pin them on the musical map. Still, after giving their music a listen I feel that their approach is something that needs to be recognised. Their music is a mix of different sounds that shouldn't go together but in some exciting and strange way they manage to pull it off. I applaud that. Get listening to them.

And so ends Day 2 of the quest. This blog now has a Facebook Page, just search for Aran Suddi Broken Toy Box New Music or go to the myspace page here.

No comments: