Wednesday 25 February 2009

We continue!

What?! I'm actually doing a second post in a row like I promised?! I fear we've slipped into some kind of alternate universe during the night or things are on the up. You decide on which answer you prefer or come up with your own. You have the choice after all. Right any updates I need to be telling you about?...Nope. I'll put updates up here for your bands if you ask me too though! Anyway let's crack on.

The first band we encounter today are, Draft Animals, who are from Port Orchard, Washington in the USA. They are an indie band though not the generic indie band everyone claims to be, because you know recently a lot of indie bands have started to suck. Draft Animals have, however, reinstated my belief that there are good hard working bands out there. Draft Animals even chuck in a bit of reggae with their song Western Jamaica which is something I wasn't expecting when I first hit their MySpace page. All in all a band that, should they continue to spring some surprises like that, will be stampeding through the music world and into the ears of many listeners.

The next act I have for you is a solo artist from Tasmania, Australia who goes by the name of Samuel Page. All I have to say is amazing. I have the belief that Samuel Page can do for Australia what Ladyhawke did for New Zealand and reaffirm its status in the modern music world. With Samuel Page you take what you will from his lyrics but it's almost guaranteed that you will connect with his songs in some way. I know I did and I was not expecting that. One of the BTB Sounds of 09? Yes, yes he is provided enough of you lot start supporting him and help in spreading the word of Samuel Page, listening to him, going to gigs if you are near his area or if he comes to you. Sam, keep it up and realise you have made many new fans today.

That's that for today then. Remember the following ways are how you can contact me:

www.myspace.com/brokentoyboxmusic


brokentoybox@hotmail.com

No comments: