Wednesday 21 January 2009

Changes!

So some important changes have occurred, most notably the USA has a new President. Other important changes concern this here blog. Over the next couple of weeks you will see a string of changes, the layout of the site could change quite dramatically though I haven't decided how, a new podcast should be up soon enough and now with a webcam at hand, some video blogs could be made. Hooray for progress I say.

Right first band is 3BobNation who hail from Gravesend, England. So who or what are they? Well 3BobNation are an Indie, Punky, Poppy threesome who bring out some smooth listening songs, combined with commentary of everyday life and every song they have made have catchy lyrics, catchy tunes and are generally all around catchy. The amount of times I used catchy in that last sentence should give you a sense on what you're missing out on by not listening to them. I've seen them live a few times and they know how to get a crowd on their side by putting on a great show for all who have attended one of their many gigs.

Band number 2 are called, Base Battalion, from London, England. Who or what are they? I'm going out on a limb by first guessing they are human, if they aren't then this is both interesting and worrisome. Base Battalion are an experimental rock band who use the art of sound distortion like experts. The vocals of Swan compliments the sound the band produce who also consists of fEET, fLash and L.Pops ( I am not making these names up, I swear). A sound hot pick for 2009? You better believe it!

Well those are the two bands I bring you today. It's only 2 today because well I am working on quite a lot of things so time is naturally being a bitch. Listen and love!



Got a suggestion? Want your band to be heard on the BTB podcast? Then contact me:

brokentoybox@hotmail.com
www.myspace.com/brokentoyboxmusic

No comments: