Thursday 20 November 2008

At last new headphones!

So why have I taken ages to actually write anything? Is it because I'm lazy? Maybe. Is it because I have had a ton of uni work to do? Possibly. Is it because my access to the Internet has been sporadic? Almost certainly. However the biggest reason is that I haven't had a pair of headphones to listen to music. Why is this important you ask? Well, when I listen to the bands I review I like to be surrounded by their sound so I can get a real feel for their music. That's a feeling you can't get out of speakers when other people are walking about and talking. Headphones help me block out the outside world and focus completlly onthe band at hand. I will say that posting for the next week shall be sporadic but from December 2nd I shall finally have the internet in my flat so I have no excuses. Onto the first band!


This first band are called Lite Brite. No! The glowing guys such as this one,


have not come together to creat a band, though that would be pretty cool. Lite Brite are a band from Sacramento, California and a great band at that. Take some influences from classic indie rock, mix them together with some contemporary sounds and you have what could be one of the most exciting sounds around today. These guys have a sound that could take you from sitting around listening to their music, to hearing it in an indie club somewhere and having you up on your feet. I have one thing to say to this band. Shine on Lite Brite, Shine On.
BTB Favourite Song: Shine On
The second band is from Oslo, Norway and go by the name of While You Slept. Now I have a love/hate relationship with music from the Scandinavian region. I'll tell you why, the biggest band from Scandinavia in the world was and still is ABBA. How can this still be the case when we have bands like While You Slept on the circuit?! It makes no sense! While You Slept combine the voices of Jakob Jones and Benedikte Wallace to create a vocal sound that cuts right down to the core of you. Combine that voice with some of the best muscians, Nikolai Grasaasen, Torgeir Beyer and Øystein M. Johansen and you get a sound that is really powerful, and full of talent. I'm now going to go start a campaign to get music management companies to have more scouts in the Scandinavian countries. If While You Slept are anything to go by, then it is pretty much an untouched treasure chest.
Favourite Song: Moments Gone
Thus ends another day of finding new music while bringing you guys some listening pleasure. To the two bands who I mentioned today, please keep making music as it is simply brilliant.
Aran

No comments: