Sunday 10 January 2010

The 1st Official New Music Review of the Decade

So, time and time again I've said I will post more consistently but time and time again I have failed to do so. Fuck that noise. It's a new decade, new beginning and I'll be damned if I fail to really update this place more often. I also have no excuses this time since my uni workload has cut down considerably. So, without further ado, I bring you today's bands.

The Peppermint Androids:

The Peppermint Androids are a two man group from Manchester, England. What's their genre you ask? Well they're a Synthpop group. Now you're wondering, have we time travelled back to the 80's where synthpop and big hair were the rage? No, because that would just be silly. The Peppermint Androids have dragged synthpop out of the 80's and given it a dose of 21st century energy. They're a refreshing sound to hear after so many indie bands hitting the scene over the last decade. If you want to hear music which just lets you get up and dance The Peppermint Androids are for you.

Favourite Tune: Lying Again

Smile At Strangers:

Smile At Strangers is the sound of a gentle voice and an acoustic guitar. A slow, steady pace, the rhythm draws you in and helps you relax after anything. It's not just a gentle voice, but a beautiful voice that really flows and a guitar plaey who really knows what they're doing. I wish I could say more but there is so little information to go on. However I do recommend you listen to Smile At Strangers if ever you want to relax. It's worth it.

Favourite Tune: Don't Let A Second Bleed Into Days.


Contacting BTB:

Due to having made a pact with Satan, you can now follow all of BTB's ramblings at www.twitter.com/brokentoybox

Or send an e-mail to brokentoybox@hotmail.com.

Or simply leave a comment.

The choice is yours.

No comments: